My Life

This is where my thoughts, opinions, feelings, and experiences all meet. This is a written testiment of what they tell me is my life. Sometimes the thoughts expressed here are going to be extreme, the opinions controvertial, the feelings emotional and the experiences down right dramatic...all things considered they're mine. IT'S MY LIFE!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

I've been described as militant, opinionated, headstrong, lound mouthed, and an all around urban paradox. And all I have to say for it is...flattery will get you everywhere. But please don't be fooled by my strong opinions and ghetto girl attitude, I'm a very friendly, open minded and approachable person.

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Anticipating the Storm

We're supposed to get a snow storm soon. Don't ask me why, but although I hate the cold, I absolutely love being snowed in. I like to stock up on chicken noodle soup (which I eat all year round) and Blockbuster rentals, and just chill. Sure, you can do this anytime, I just particularly like it when everything is shut down.

I also like to wait for all the phone calls from friends and relatives informing you of the obvious. "Girl, you see all this snow out there?" or "Have you been outside yet? It's really bad out there!" Don't be offended if you're one of these people that summons me to harken the discernible fact of countless feet of snow on the ground. It really amuses me. But I will bring to your attention that I never call you informing you of the aforementioned. It's mainly because I want to avoid the slaughter of sarcastic responses that involuntarily come from my mouth. Like, "It snowed? In the middle of July? Really?" or "Oh it can't be that bad, snow would have to be at least chest high to pose any real danger" Forgive me but you really do leave yourself wide open.

Needless to say, other than the anticipation, my day today was boring. I'm not even sure when the storm is supposed to hit. I do know that the supermarket is low on all the 'snow day' necessities...bread, milk, and water. You would think that I would take advantage of the dullness of the day and write. Nope. Not because I didn't want to, I just wasn't motivated. I guess my minds shutting down in preparation for the storm as well. Other than this journal entry, I haven't written anything.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home