My Life

This is where my thoughts, opinions, feelings, and experiences all meet. This is a written testiment of what they tell me is my life. Sometimes the thoughts expressed here are going to be extreme, the opinions controvertial, the feelings emotional and the experiences down right dramatic...all things considered they're mine. IT'S MY LIFE!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

I've been described as militant, opinionated, headstrong, lound mouthed, and an all around urban paradox. And all I have to say for it is...flattery will get you everywhere. But please don't be fooled by my strong opinions and ghetto girl attitude, I'm a very friendly, open minded and approachable person.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Kanye who are you talking to?

First of all let me say that I know commenting on this is kind of late...but oh well! I read about (didn't watch the telethon) the comments that Kanye West made about President Bush and his help (or lack thereof) with the victims of hurricane Katrina. As I read his statement about how upset he was that the President wasn't doing enough, I couldn't help but think...."Who the hell is he addressing?" I mean, lets just be real....the Preeessssident ain't never done anything that was in the best interest of 'our people' from day one. Why are we now surprised that he's dragging his feet with any kind of help? Did it ever occur to anybody that the man might not even know what to do? I mean, after all he was only a 'C' student....so lets stop tryin to get water from a rock (water being intelligence and the rock being Bush's brain).

What's the saying people...."If you want something done right you have to do it yourself" I bet if your child was missing and you felt as though the police wasn't doing enough to find them, you'd be out all hours of the night lookin for them ya damn self. But then again....the victims of hurricane Katrina are not your children, so who cares right?

Another reason that his comment kinda pissed me off is because it's soooo easy to point the finger at somebody and say 'their not helping' while you're on TV in a nice secure, sanitary environment writing your pretty little checks. TAKE YA ASS DOWN THERE AND HELP!!! In my opinion anybody criticizing the president should take a look in the the proverbial mirror and ask themselves how active they are in helping the victims of Katrina. Honestly, if you are not down there doing what you can, you really ain't sayin nothing but a word....cause even Bush has done that much (even if it was only to make a vain appearance).

I am by no means sayin that you should put yourself in the poor house to donate money or to travel to the gulf coast to help, I'm sayin that the people who can afford it should stop waiting around for the President to do what we already know he's not going to do. In all seriousness, him and his kind don't even associate themselves with the victims....that's right, VICTIMS NOT REFUGEES as they're calling them. The fact that they labled them refugees proves that.

Kanye is a musical genius, who can afford to load up trucks of food and water and take them down there....Oprah did it! He can do it too but it's much easier to throw a check at them and say "See, I did my part" and call it a day. New Orleans is going to be unlivable for at least 90 days. If he wanted to Kanye could go stay in a hotel somewhere close and spend that 90 days volunteering and making sure families were fed, clothed and sheltered. He could do all of that and not even putting a dent in his bank account, he could...but there's always business to attend to, concerts to give and CD's to promote. So I guess him and Bush have the same priorities.

So again I ask, who in the world were you talking to Kanye? Our people already knew that Bush wouldn't make a move unless he was made to, or unless it would benefit him in some way. And those people were voluteering from day one, not waiting around from Bush to do anything. The only people that might not have known that....sorry to tell you, are the type of people who don't really listen to your music anyway. All you were to them was another mad black rapper on TV ranting and raving about what the President ain't doin for 'yo people'. So as always, I'll say what I've been saying since the day Bush cheated his way into the White House (Ahemm, scuse me...I mean, "got elected") BUCK FUSH!!!!

P.S. think about this....

This is a little story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody.

There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.
Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it.

It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done

2 Comments:

Blogger feels good b n FREE said...

ok..i agreee...but i don't
because while kanye could've done more, just by saying something, he was being active. now perhaps he could've done more financially but at this point who knows what he has contributed.still everyone can still blame bush and his administration because he is the frickin COMMANDER AND CHIEF!!! if he can't do sumthin fast...who else can. while everyone should sct...he is in office, it is his responsibility FIRST!

9/11/2005 6:04 PM  
Blogger Hev said...

Yes, he is our commander and chief and yes, it is his responsibility...but if a child has two parents and one says "I'm out" does it make sense for the other one to say "Well I'm gonna wait until he/she steps up and takes responsibity" No, what happens is the other parent does all the work. All I'm sayin is as a community everybody needs to stop concerning themselves with Bush and do it themselves.

Oprah, Kanye, Jay-Z, Russell Simmons, Denzell Washington all make more money than the president does. If we all stop talkin about it and be about it, finacially we can do this ourselves. I was watching CNN and they were saying to get the entire gulf coast back to the way it was before Katrina it would take 1 Billion dollars. Oprah and Russell alone have that.

Talking about what you should do, and actually doing it, are not the same. If Kanye is being active by getting on TV and reiterating the obvious then everybody who has donated time and money should get it all back, go home and just talk about how Bush ain't shit.

All I'm sayin is that everybody is all up and arms over what he said that most of them don't realize that he only said what they already knew. Case and point...I hear a lot of people saying, I agree, That's what I've been sayin all along, It's about time somebody said that. But I have yet to hear somebody say "OMG, you mean Bush doesn't care about blk folx? Wow, Kanye really opened my eyes"

9/11/2005 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home